Thursday, April 14, 2011

I been through the desert on a horse with no name...........

So today there was a wicked thunderstorm! It was crazy around 1:30 pm it got so dark that it was like the sun had set. It was nuts, the hallways in the school do not have lights so it was extremely dark and difficult to see. It didn't rain like at home though. It rained really hard for about an hour, then stopped and thundered and lighting-ed for about 4 hours. Then rained again for like 20 minutes and there was the thunder and lighting again for another 4 hours.

I didn't realize how much of a rainforest baby I really am. Clearly my natural habitat is a temperate rainforest, in the northern hemisphere. All day I pranced around singing "Singing in the Rain", and "Horse with no Name" while everyone else was upset because we have been having sunny days here for a week or so. I had to explain my happiness to the Chinese teachers in my office. They could not understand how I could be happy in the rain. I had to explain that TRUE Lower Mainlanders don't even need umbrellas! Only the tourists in Van City have umbrellas! Anyways that annoying little stress ball that has been following me around for a few weeks melted faster than the Wicked Witch of the West!

I LOVE THE RAIN!


So every blog post is better with a picture! This one is from today. Paul looking very suave, thanks mostly to one
 Mr. Ian Russel!

Props Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment